Citect - Disable checking *[General]CheckAddressBoundary*

ongzy

The Vijeo Citect compiler displays the "Address on bad boundary" message if the address of a long or real variable is not aligned correctly.
Allowable Values:

• 0 - (Disable checking)
  • 1 - (Enable checking)
Default Value: 1

Where to edit the .ini file?

I've just figured this out.

Citect Project Editor > Computer Setup Editor *Down right corner*
Section: General
Parameter: CheckAddressBoundary
Value: 0

-> Press Add, and then save.

*Make sure you save a backup copy of your citect.ini file first before attempting the above.

you can also do it in the ini file.
But be careful, I have found that on some PLC's (Ti series) that regardless of wether you disable the boundary checking or not Citect can have comms problems if all of your multiple word address's are not on the same boundary. INT's are OK but we have had problems with REAL's when some of them are addressed to the odd address (eg V123 the REAL value in the PLC is stored in address's V123 & V124)and others are on the even (eg V124 the REAL value in the PLC is stored in address's V124 & V125)

Be careful with changing this parameter. Some drivers can give unexpected results when integers and longs are not on even addresses.

Regards,

Marsi.

I've just figured this out.

Citect Project Editor > Computer Setup Editor *Down right corner*
Section: General
Parameter: CheckAddressBoundary
Value: 0

-> Press Add, and then save.

*Make sure you save a backup copy of your citect.ini file first before attempting the above.

Thanks a lot.

Be careful with changing this parameter. Some drivers can give unexpected results when integers and longs are not on even addresses.

Regards,

Marsi.

That's not really a problem with the parameter as such, that's more a driver/device issue, address boundary parameter does what it says on the tin, just stops a check and subsequent compile failure if they are odd/even.