How to configure additional MPI port with WinCC Flex on Panel PC 677B

Jack Schit

Hi All,

I currently have a WinCC Flex project running on Simatic panel PC 677B with a CPU 315 2-DP PLC communicating over MPI.

I would like to add an extra PLC (another CPU 315 2-DP) to the WinCC Flex project also communicating over MPI.

However, the panel PC only has one MPI port. Is there some way around this e.g. USB to MPI etc...

Thanks

Jack

Hi Jack.

I am not 100% sure, but I think it is not possible.

Why not connect both PLCs to the same MPI network ?
If this is a new project, I strongly recommend to think about ethernet in stead of MPI.

If Ethernet/MPI network isn't an option, then a netlink (MPI to Ethernet) can be used with WinCC flex runtime to achieve what you need.

I think you are right STL.
It depends on that the netlink can work with a different access point than the standard S7ONLINE, like S7ONL2 for example.
This because there must be two different accesspoints in WinCC Flexible for the two connections.