rslinx ethernet comunication problem

tonysan

hi

Im trying to conect to a controllogix controller with rslinx troght a ethernet 1756-enbt/a, rslinx conects with this device, but it cant recognice, I have a QUESTION mark and Unrecognized device text. I tryed to load EDS for this device.
Anyone can help me?

I tryed with diferent versions on Xp Profesional

Rslinx Classic 2.42, 2.43, 2.50 and Rslinx Professional 2.20.21

How did you get the EDS and are you sure that it was the correct one?

With a lot of devices, you can right click on them in Linx and get the EDS right from the device. If this is available (which it should be for the ENBT) the this is the best way. There is an EDS file for each version. Plus you will probably need the EDS for the controller as well.

Edit: The device doesn't have a red X across it does it?

I downloaded EDS from rockwell website, to get EDS from device wich version of rslinx i need?

There is no red cross in device, I opened Driver Diagnostics and I can see device is sending and recivieng packages

I am not exactly sure but I think it was around 2.50 or 2.52.
You right click on the device in RSWho and select upload EDS but then you need to register it using EDS Hardware Installation Tool located in RSLinx > Tools.

Hope this helps

I just tried it on a test controller we had and when I selected "Upload EDS from device" it ran me through the registration wizard automatically.

As for the version of RSLinx, I'd just stick with the latest one that you have. (which sounds like 2.50).