Distributed I/O

octoleeber

Lifetime Supporting Member
Im installing a Yaskawa MP2300Siec motion controller and I will also need some distributed I/O on my machine(Digital,Analog,Temperature control).Any suggestions on modular products that work well with Yaskawa?

Yes. You will need to install DeviceNet module 260IF and use any available DeviceNet I/O. I personally have had good experience with Beckhoff, but Wago, Allen-Bradley, Omron or any other should work as well. Be aware though that your I/O will lag the local I/O at least 10 ms or so. If you do need faster responses (as fast as the CPU H-scan), you would have to use one of MP2000 I/O cards.

There is also Ethernet/IP module available (263IF) and it does work with Beckhoff and Wago. However, the bus speed is no faster than DeviceNet yet the module price is much higher than 260IF.

The day when Yaskawa finally comes up with EtherCAT master module will be one of my happiest. Not there yet, unfortunately.

PS After I posted my message, I realized you are talking 2300iec, not 2300. This is a different animal, with different firmware. I think, Ethernet/IP maybe the only option for it, but not 100% sure...

Last edited: