Motion Control

kdcui

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm considering a move from the biotech industry (process control) to a job in the packaging industry. However I've not really worked with much high speed IO, servo drives, and motion control in general. Most everything I've been programming has used standard 4-20ma analog and discrete IO, and has been designed to be S88 aware/compliant (batch processing).

I have some learning to do and am wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some material I could read up on, or perhaps share some advice / hints / tips?

IMHO, you can just forget all that S88 stuff.
Packaging is high speed, low drag, and low margin. Quite the difference from pharm.
But, there are a number of bottom feeders in the low axis count motion business. If I were you, I'd get familiar with all of them, 'cause and OEM will change suppliers for a 2% discount.
Just MHO