FactoryTalk Numeric As Button (or, Button as Numeric)

RacerX10

FactoryTalk ME 6.0 :

I have a working numeric display, but the user wants to be able to push a button and have the numbers count up. It will only need to count up, never down.

Is it possible to make the numeric display a push button that increments the counter ?

One possible (possibly stupid ?) solution I wondered about was to layer a button behind the numeric counter on screen .. can you even do that ?

Thanks !

Pushbutton increment

Actually, you almost had the answer yourself. Add a button on top of the display and set it to TRANSPARENT with NO BORDER. It will still work as a standard button but you won't see anything on the finished screen and whatever is behind it will display through.

Actually, you almost had the answer yourself. Add a button on top of the display and set it to TRANSPARENT with NO BORDER. It will still work as a standard button but you won't see anything on the finished screen and whatever is behind it will display through.

excellent, thanks for the tip !

could use ramp button

Why not use the ramp button (ramp up, ramp value 1, and set upper limit) and then display the value of the register your incrementing in the label of the button with "insert variable"