Add-on instruction import???

jccraig

Hello, I'm currently needing to import some add-on instructions to an online processor using RSLogix5000 v16. The instructions were created with v16.

When I right-click the Add-on folder, import & create are both greyed out.

I'm pretty sure I've done this with v17 but can't recall if I ever tried this with v16 online.

Anyone know if v16 supports online imports of Add-on. If so, what am I doing wrong?

Thank you.

Import/Export tools were significantly enhanced in v17, including Program and Routine Partial Import/Export, the new XML format for Project Import/Export, and most importantly for you, runtime import of Routines, Programs, UDTs, and AOIs.

In Version 16, Add-On Instructions must be created in an offline project and the entire project downloaded to the controller.

Import/Export tools were significantly enhanced in v17, including Program and Routine Partial Import/Export, the new XML format for Project Import/Export, and most importantly for you, runtime import of Routines, Programs, UDTs, and AOIs.

In Version 16, Add-On Instructions must be created in an offline project and the entire project downloaded to the controller.

Ken ...thank you for confirming what I suspected. I've looked around for some document that would have this info but couldn't find any.

I had to refresh my memory with the v17 Release Notes. There's a nice master document in the Knowledgebase that has all the modern (v10+) Release Notes for RSLogix 5000.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9242/

I did a lot of runtime import work down the road from you at the IP mill in Springfield last fall, and the v17 import features were a major reason that we did widespread upgrades to the installed base of ControlLogix there.

Well Ken, looks like I owe you one! Next time you're in Eugene, shout out and I'll get the first round. Thx again.