Problem to connect MicroMaster430 through Profibus.

idell

Hi gentlemen! I need some help. I have a MicroMaster430 with profibus module. As is described in first step manual I reset to factory settings and configured adress in P0918 and on DIP switches. I also configured parameters P0700,P1000 = 6 - full control from profibus. I use Microsoft Starter sowtware, and CP5512 module. PG/PC interface is configured as Profibus with 187,5Kb/s, cable used is standard profibus cable with simens connectors. When i try to find Micromaster (diagnostic in PG/PC interface) computer doesn't find it, i also tried Starter option - but also with no results. What can be problem ?

I'm an semi-old man, but still I don't remember ever trying to connect as you do, without a controller.

Did you try to connect directly to the MM, with the CP5512 original cable only?

And what node numbers do you use?

Kalle

Your connection will work. I connect 5512 directly to
MM4 all the time.
So two things
Check cable because under pg pc you should see the
Drive address

If not then check cable again :)
Just use a standard profibus cable

Your connection will work. I connect 5512 directly to
MM4 all the time.
So two things
Check cable because under pg pc you should see the
Drive address

If not then check cable again :)
Just use a standard profibus cable
Hi JRW, the cable works with CPU313C-2DP as well MPI as ProfiBUS. The problem is not in cable. I don't find the solution of this issue, I aslo tried 1: to change profibus module, 2: I supplied module with own source of +24V still no results.