IM308B eprom

Nepiter

Does someone have knowledge of older S5 network components?

I have 944b cpu, and IM308B L2 bus.
Parameters of L2 bus are stored at Eprom.

Now I need to add IM308C card to slot and profibus to that system, and remove some nodes but not all from L2 bus.

Setting up of IM308C is ok to me, no problem.
But IM308B is nightmare to Me.. I cant find any way to upload parameters from that *#&"* Eprom, to have a backup of L2 bus.

I have tried
-S5 (v7.11) Eprom managing with Field PG.
-Older win98 pg740 comet200 software
-Comprofibus 5.1 software
No succes from any of these, to read Eprom.

After reading backup, I need of course to erase and program Eprom again,
but that is another chapter of my nightmare.

Any tips..?

I know I have used that ancient equipment some 20 years ago. I could bet that we used the PG740 and comET200 and also a PC with Win311, comET200 and an external prommer. Did you put the EPROM directly in the PG/EPROM slot?

I and my friends will keep searching for the manual
icon10.gif

Kalle

archeology.png

I can see You have lost Your equipment long time ago.. :D

With PG740, I have tried two ways how to start comet200 v4.1.
First I did install comet200 with correct parameters.
Then I tried to start comet200 from windows S5 "others".
Comet200 is starting and loading some drivers, but then it closes S5 with some error.

I have also tried to start comet200 from dos S5 "others".
Comet200 is also starting, but it hangs on blue screen.

Last edited:
Ok, now I've managed to proceed with my project..
Somehow I did find correct parameters for DOS-prompt to get comet200 working at PG740 win98. But of course in German language only. o_O

So, now I'm thinking hard how to explain next problem here at forum.. :ROFLMAO:

Btw, does someone know, if I can replace Eprom module to EEprom module at IM308B? That way I would not need to erase original Eprom with UV..

Ok, now I've managed to proceed with my project..
Somehow I did find correct parameters for DOS-prompt to get comet200 working at PG740 win98. But of course in German language only. o_O

So, now I'm thinking hard how to explain next problem here at forum.. :ROFLMAO:

Btw, does someone know, if I can replace Eprom module to EEprom module at IM308B? That way I would not need to erase original Eprom with UV..

This may help -

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/1947787