SLC 500 Programming with a Telesis TMC420 Pinstamper

jacchr

Good morning. I notice there was some previous posts about this subject with Logix 5000. Would anyone happen to have any info or examples using 500 with a RS232 port off the processor? I am looking for string file programming examples. We are setting up a system with a R2000iA robot and a rotating unit to stamp scuba tanks. I have to provide 8 characters for a lot number that changes characters every 202 pieces. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks, Chris.

I have about 3 or 4 MicroLogix systems running with Telesis TMC420 markers. I'll gather some of my logic later today and post examples. It's basically just a lot of Concatenation of data and an ASCII write or two.

The PLC programming part is easy, it's setting up the Telesis Ascii coms that was the harder part (still not that hard).

I have a couple lines in RSLogix 500 that send data and start the print.

The biggest thing is to get the variables in the print fields correctly. And setup the protocol in the telesis. After that a simple ASCII write will send anything you want to the telesis to print.

For the serial cable pinout, and the I/O cable pinout, you'll have to refer to your telesis manual.

I agree the Telesis is the stumbling block. I did a system and the PLC was the easier part. ASCII in ladder is ugly. I haven't seen a system yet that I liked on LL

Yes, my ASCII ladder is disgusting. Especially since I'm converting, concatenating, etc. about 2 dozen different pieces of info into one or two strings to send.

I kept it all in its own ladder that I don't have to look at though.