**** analog voltage motor control ****

ok, I'm kinda new at this, I have a linear transducer that is analog out 0 to 10 volt, I have a baldor mircoflex (analog in) that I am going to use to control my servo motor that will move my transducer. anyone know of the best way to do this? I am using an automation direct d0-06 with an analog in and out card.
Any thought???

PID loop
straight logic

Which would be a better way?

I am doing something like a cnc axis, basically you have a demand position from the plc, you have the current position and you have to move to the new position and hold it.
The transducer sends voltage to the plc saying where the axis is. plc sends signal to the microflex to say move forward or reverse ( 0 to 5, 5 to 10). I am going to assume that the closer to 0 or to 10 the faster the drive will turn the motor, (but assume means *ss u me. (ya know)
is this a simple logic program or would it work better as a pid? Anyone have any examples that they care to share?

Thanks in advance

I am going to assume that the closer to 0 or to 10 the faster the drive will turn the motor,...
Yes, for a variable speed motor drive analog input circuit set for 0-10 volts input, normally at 10 the drive will be at full speed, and at 0 it will be stopped. Your drive must have a setup for simultaneous Forward/Reverse control, so read the drive manual to find out exactly how it works.