Download PanelView application to PC

fpaezp

Hi,

I can download the application of PanelView Plus 600 (.MER) from a CompactFlash (CF) using CompactFlash Reader connect to PC?

Sorry for my english..

Thanks..

When transferring applications FROM a terminal TO a PC, you are performing an UPLOAD, not a DOWNLOAD.

To answer your question, yes, you can transfer an application (.MER) from the terminal to the CF card, and then from the card to the PC, using the CF reader.

What version of Factory Talk View Studio are you using? Anything prior to ver 5.0 and you will not be able to restore the .MER file to a development project (.MED)

Thanks for your answers..I am using FTView 6.0

Well you should be good then. Another bit of advice: if possible use the Transfer Utility for app transfers rather than CF or USB. These methods can be...unreliable. I don't know why its such a problem, but it seems that something always gets lost in a terminal-to-card-to-PC transfer.

Good luck

Well you should be good then. Another bit of advice: if possible use the Transfer Utility for app transfers rather than CF or USB. These methods can be...unreliable. I don't know why its such a problem, but it seems that something always gets lost in a terminal-to-card-to-PC transfer.

Good luck

If the application was pre-5.0 he won't be able to restore it regardless of what version he has now.

I have never seen anything unreliable happening on a CF transfer, but there are things that the transfer utility can set while connected (Run at Startup, replace communication settings, delete log files). I suspect it is the communications settings thing that trips most up.

If the application was pre-5.0 he won't be able to restore it regardless of what version he has now.

Yes, that is true.

I have never seen anything unreliable happening on a CF transfer, but there are things that the transfer utility can set while connected (Run at Startup, replace communication settings, delete log files). I suspect it is the communications settings thing that trips most up.

Normally, the problems I have run into involve runtime security settings, missing macros, alarm triggers and messages, and comm settings if KepServer is involved. I'm not saying the problems are universal, as I've only used the FT View Studio software (5.1 ME) that is licensed to this plant, but I do see the same problems pop up whenever we transfer apps via CF or USB thumbdrive.

Just my two cents.

Yes, that is true.

Normally, the problems I have run into involve runtime security settings, missing macros, alarm triggers and messages, and comm settings if KepServer is involved. I'm not saying the problems are universal, as I've only used the FT View Studio software (5.1 ME) that is licensed to this plant, but I do see the same problems pop up whenever we transfer apps via CF or USB thumbdrive.

Just my two cents.

Good to know, especially about the alarm triggers.

I have only ever transferred via the flash a few times, and that was a really small and basic application.

Good to know, especially about the alarm triggers.

I have only ever transferred via the flash a few times, and that was a really small and basic application.

Yeah the alarm trigger thing is a real pain. I only have issues with it when uploading and restoring via card. I have downloaded with a card and never had a problem.

What usually happens when I open the restored project is the alarm set-up editor will be totally scrambled. Messages will be unassigned, or just totally gone, or triggers will be gone. ;)

The guys at RA seem pretty baffled by it when I've talked to them. I'm just hoping that when we go to 6.0 that some of these issues will be resolved...:rolleyes:

Yeah the alarm trigger thing is a real pain. I only have issues with it when uploading and restoring via card. I have downloaded with a card and never had a problem.

What usually happens when I open the restored project is the alarm set-up editor will be totally scrambled. Messages will be unassigned, or just totally gone, or triggers will be gone. ;)

The guys at RA seem pretty baffled by it when I've talked to them. I'm just hoping that when we go to 6.0 that some of these issues will be resolved...:rolleyes:

That is really strange. You would think that no matter how you transfer the file, it shouldn't change the file in any fashion. Is it possible that the file got corrupt because the card was pulled during access?