plc control heater treater

bhadana

hello all,
here i have a problem . i have a heater treater for seperating oil and water .i have to make it plc control so please give me details about it how can it be done
bye

Interface Level Control

The solution to your problem is more process related. Though you have given little specifics, the application is like oil and water separator units used in the oil industry.

Water is heavier than oil and they dont mix. Therefore water settles below and you would need to employ interface level measurement. The vessel usually horizontal has a divider or separator inside to create two chambers. The oil & water is fed in one chamber. The level of the water or (interface between the oil & water)is maintained just below the height of this separator so all the oil overflows to the adjoining chamber and gets separated. Control of the water level is by continously draining the water based on the interface level. In your specific example this control maybe done by evaporating the water by application of heat instead of draining

Hardware requirements (1) Interface level transmitter, (2) PLC controller with at lease 1 analog input (level) and 1 analog output (water control valve) and (3) water control valve. You would need a higher-end PLC because this is a process control application requiring PID functionality.

I may be oversimplifying the theory and hardware but I hope this would give you a headstart. Please refer to the Instrument Society of America (ISA) website (www.isa.org) for info on instrument and other hardware sources.