S7-1200 Modbus Communication RS845

juanmdx

Hello,

I'm trying to communicate an S7-1200 to another PLC via Modbus using RS485.
The S7-1200 will be the slave and I want to send some data to the other PLC (don't know which one, they'll send me the address and communication settings), and they want to write some data on the PLC.

The thing is that I don't know how to read and write data, I used the modbus blocks to "start" or stablish the communication (haven't tested it yet), but I don't know how read or write parameters; I've searched on Siemens forums for a while and still can't figure it out.

Can someone please help me.

If you need more info I can give it, but bottom line, I wan't to know how to read and send parameters via Modbus using TIA portal and my PLC being the slave.

Thanks and best regards.