Selection of frequency module

jcp

Hi;
I am using GE Fanuc 90-30 series with CPU 352. I want to know which module serial number is compatible with this sytem which capable to read the sinewave frequency means connect directly to the magnetic pickup to measure the shaft speed.
The resistance of the magnetic pickup is 198 to 210 ohm and gives me 12000 hz at 100% speed with max 20 Volt amplitude.

Before that i used the IC693APU300 high speed counter module.
For that i wire up the magnetic pickup as under
magpickups wire comes into FTV which gives me pulses according to the input and i used APU300 as a counter type A.
If a module which support directly magnetic pick up i think its better to control the speed.

Regards

Hi;
Respected friends;
I attached a detail images of configration and wiring diagram also attached a documentation of FTV which i used.
I need help to set the configration of APU 300. Is it correct or not.

The input frequency is 12000 Hz @ 20 v AC rms. Feed into FTV which generates the pulses. And i see on oscillscope it is square wave almost with 10 volt amplitude P-P.
According to that data i set the APU300 configarttion.
1.All the filters set at hi frequency.
2.OSC input at OFF (what effect if i ON it)
3.OSC. Divider at 660 (what effect if i changed it)
4.Count mode=contineous
5.count dir =up
6.Time base=1000 (if i changed it what effect)
7.ON and OFF preset is -00001 and -000002 (what effect)
8. PLD value is off
I ask this in detail becuase

the shaft speed is the major parameter of controlling the speed of gas turbine. It works well but at specific point when frequency between 10139 to 10485 some overshoot occur i think some resonance effect occur. To avoid this may be some setting in APU change and it fix it. I am stuck here please help me.
Below and above that frequencies machine behave very well.
Regards

APU300_1.jpg APU300_2.jpg

Attachments

• WIRING CONFIGRATION OF SPEED INPUT.doc
    27 KB · Views: 2
  • FTV 1393.00_e.pdf
    70.3 KB · Views: 2
I need help to set the configration of APU 300. Is it correct or not.
Since it's working I'd say your configuration is correct.
2.OSC input at OFF (what effect if i ON it)
3.OSC. Divider at 660 (what effect if i changed it)
The OSC is an internal frequency signal generated by the module. It is an alternative to a pulse train coming from an external source. The OSC frequency is fixed, but the OSC divider can be used to change the frequency. There is nothing in the internal oscillator signal that can help you with your resonance problem.
6.Time base=1000 (if i changed it what effect)
The time base is what the module uses to calculate frequency. The value is in units of milliseconds, so 1000 equals one second. The module counts att pulses in a one second period and reports that to the PLC in the counts per timebase register. The effect if you change it will be to change the reported frequency you're currently using. If you change it to 500, you will see the counts per timebase value cut in half for any given speed. since you're using that as your PV in the PID function, you'll be disappointed with the result.
7.ON and OFF preset is -00001 and -000002 (what effect)
ON and OFF presets control the action of the module's transistor outputs. You're not using them, so changing either of those parameters won't have any effect.

All of the above is described in greater detail in the manual.