problem with EEPOM FAULT

slc 503 plc, after lost program, and tech. guy reloaded old program (2010 year program), then got EEPOM fault, new program currently is 2012, is the program is the problem? of course the 2 programs are different, but not much, only minor difference.

thanks for everyone give me a boost.

Can you tell us how the status bits for the memory module are set? Some of them when set, require the EEPROM to remain installed, else a fault occurs. Also, the full fault code/description would be useful.

got full info from night shift tech.

he made a mistake accidently, connect slc 503 with ethernet port (Dlink card port)caused program lost, and he tried to download the old program with Channel 0, which is rs 232 port to communicate with plc, then got the eepom fault, I am not sure I gave u enough information yet, please just let me know. thanks for ur technical support.

Can you tell us how the status bits for the memory module are set? Some of them when set, require the EEPROM to remain installed, else a fault occurs. Also, the full fault code/description would be useful.

bump!

bump.

he made a mistake accidently, connect slc 503 with ethernet port (Dlink card port)caused program lost, and he tried to download the old program with Channel 0, which is rs 232 port to communicate with plc, then got the eepom fault, I am not sure I gave u enough information yet, please just let me know. thanks for ur technical support.

Connecting an ethernet device to the DH485 port on a 5/03 is likely to have damaged something. I think the damage is more likely to occur in the ethernet hardware than the SLC, but I have never done it and I don't know this for sure.

Can you go online with the SLC via serial connection and look at the status, and retrieve the fault code?

Your turn !

So we know from the history you got from the technician that there was a major power fault (shorted the 24VDC on the DH485 port by plugging it into an Ethernet port) and the controller cleared its memory.

You stated that the technician loaded an old program into the controller, or attempted to do so, and that he "got an EEPROM fault".

The critical question is what he means by "got an EEPROM fault".

Was this an error message that occurred while downloading a program to the controller ?

Is this an error code that corresponds to a blinking red FLT LED on the controller and a Faulted state of the controller ?

Is there even an EEPROM installed on the controller ?

The error code is the one piece of information that is absolutely critical. Without that, you cannot determine what steps to take to solve the problem.