Powerflex 753 HeatsinkUnderTmp Fault

shawnhimself

Like the title suggests. I have a powerflex 753 w safe-off board. I'm getting Fault 168 HeatsinkUnderTmp after a start command is given. The machine is in Peru...so not exactly freezing. I checked the temperature in the parameters and it's about 32C so again, not over the top either.

The drive ran fine for commissioning in the plant and about a day in CIP mode.

Occasionally I will get Fault 211 Safety Board Fault as well. o_O

Any help is HIGHLY appreciated.

Nothing in the rev notes.

It seems like the sensor is switching though. Sometimes it will run for up to 8-10 seconds before faulting, other times it will be immediately.

Has anyone replaced this sensor before? Is it possible to jumper this contact until a new sensor or drive arrives (could take 5 days down here).

Not sure how big this drive is but, if a wallmount, I'd ask for a warranty replacement. This kind of software irregularity can only lead to more mysterious nonsense later on.

At minimum, reload a current version of software.

@ The OP

DickDV has given you sound advice. You might try to upgrade to the next highest firmware rev but you are off to a bad start with this one. Drive replacement may be best.

I'm going to update the firmware in the morning and check out the sensor circuit. I'm also having a replacement drive shipped down...I'd just like to at least hobble my way through some production until then...I hope. Thanks guys.

This appears to be an environmental fault related issue, in most cases the drive is bad and must be replaced or call RA support for help.

Not 753s, I had 3 or 4 PF 200hp drives with bad temp sensors on the heat sinks a couple of years ago. After finally convincing RA, they had the local office replace a circuit board inside all of them.

Rockwell said its a bunk drive, ship it back.

Luckily I was able to source a similar drive locally in Lima. Back up and running(y)