Tp177b pn/dp-6 cstn

duckie112

Hi I have an 642-0ba01-1ax0 Touch Panel with already an program in it. I want to connect it to my laptop so I can shoot in new software for it. But I can't seem to make an connection with it trough Ethernet or MPI.

Have you set the IP adress on the panel ?
Have you set the ethernet port on the panel to allow transfer and remote control ?
Are PC and Panel in the same IP address group ?
Have you tested the connection with PING ?

Is there a system menu that allows you to shut down the HMI Runtime?

You need to enable Transfer in the WinCE settings.
When closing the Runtime you should get the Loader. Using the Control Panel button you'll get to the control panel in which you'll need to find the Transfer settings.
In the Transfer settings you'll need to enable the channels and use the correct settings. (by using the Advanced button.

Added some screenshot to illustrate.

If your OP doesn't have a system menu that allows you to exit Runtime, you can always turn off the power, reboot it and you'll get the Loader about 5 secs before the Runtime starts.
This way you can open the Control Panel without letting the Runtime start.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: What Jesper said, only with pictures. :D

HMI_OP_Loader.PNG HMI_OP_Transfer.PNG

Is there a system menu that allows you to shut down the HMI Runtime?

You need to enable Transfer in the WinCE settings.
When closing the Runtime you should get the Loader. Using the Control Panel button you'll get to the control panel in which you'll need to find the Transfer settings.
In the Transfer settings you'll need to enable the channels and use the correct settings. (by using the Advanced button.

Added some screenshot to illustrate.

If your OP doesn't have a system menu that allows you to exit Runtime, you can always turn off the power, reboot it and you'll get the Loader about 5 secs before the Runtime starts.
This way you can open the Control Panel without letting the Runtime start.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: What Jesper said, only with pictures. :D

I cant go in at all at the HMI. Theres software in it but don't know how to get to the system itself like in the pics of yours all i can do is going through the software until it restart at the first screen.
EDIT: Nevermind I got at the screen there was a login button hidden in a corner and logged in with admin 100 (lucky it was the standard password)

Last edited:
When you reboot the panel, you get a white screen with some text, then you should get the Loader for a few seconds and after that the Runtime starts.
While the Loader is visible, it suffices to press one of the other buttons to prevent Runtime start-up.

If the Runtime start immediatly after the white boot screen, then you have a problem.
The only way to get out of it is to reset to factory settings.

I setted the HMI up just a sec ago but it still wont let me connect at all with ethernet or mpi :O
Im programming trough VMWare btw since my Step 7 wont run on the normal system. All PLC's are connected fine tho.
Also tried to set up the MPI in the transfer setting. Channel 1 is rs232 at mine and channel 2 is ethernet or MPI depends on what I put it on. I entered address 1 for MPI but still nothing
EDIT: on a pc with windows xp professional and wincc it did work however I want to be able to do on this comp with virtual machine. I got my lan bridged to the actual port and Netstat gave me an ip, some localhost and 1 other wich comes around like 5 times do i need to use that ip?

Last edited:
It is now solved :D thanks for the help on the HMI setup part after I knew the way into the 177B I just had to reconfigure vmware again it works like a charm now. Now I just need to connect the HMI to a PLC wich only have an MPI and DP connection on it. Tried testing it with DP using a profibus cable but the input from the HMI wont get to the plc
Current connection is now: PC Ethernet> HMI MPI> PLC.
Only the plc and HMI wont communicate wich each other now

Last edited:
So what are the connection settings in WinCC Flexible ?
Connection type, baudrate, partner station number, panel station number, partner rack, partner slot ??

The Transfer settings I've shown is only to configure the Transfer from PC to HMI.
There's another such setting called S7 transfer settings.
This is where you setup the communication for the panel to the PLC.
It must correspond to your selections in WinCC Flex. Such as MPI or Profibus, the correct address and baudrates.

Also, the Rack nr and slot nr are important, they need to be the nrs from the HWConfig of the PLC.
For a S7-300 it's usually Rack 0, slot 2.
For S7-400 systems it can vary depending on the actual configuration.

The Transfer settings I've shown is only to configure the Transfer from PC to HMI.
There's another such setting called S7 transfer settings.
This is where you setup the communication for the panel to the PLC.
It must correspond to your selections in WinCC Flex. Such as MPI or Profibus, the correct address and baudrates.

Also, the Rack nr and slot nr are important, they need to be the nrs from the HWConfig of the PLC.
For a S7-300 it's usually Rack 0, slot 2.
For S7-400 systems it can vary depending on the actual configuration.

I left the slot numbers and such at standard aswell in the s7 program. But I'll check with that S7 Transfer Settings when I'm near the HMI again I think I saw a glimpse of that option in the HMI. Now I know where to look at least :D was already trying inside wincc flex and s7.

I tried what you said but doesnt work still. These are my Wincc settings I double checked them 3 times and cant see something wrong in it. In the HMI the S7 Transfer Settings are:
Adress: 1
Timeout: 10s
Transmission rate 187,5kb/s
Highest station: 31

I don't know why it wont communicate with the PLC or did I do something wrong wich I didnt see.

Untitled.jpg

What cable/connectors do you have between the panel and the plc ?
How do you go online with the plc ?

Between PLC and HMI is a Profibuss cable connected to DP and I update the PLC and monitor it with an MPI cable. I got this setup from a teacher around here and even they don't know how to set it up right. :O Don't know if this setup is wrong though.

Between PLC and HMI is a Profibuss cable connected to DP and I update the PLC and monitor it with an MPI cable.
The connection between TP177B and 313C is setup as MPI. So you must connect the TP177B to the X1 port (MPI) on the 313C.

If you need to have both the TP177B and your PC connected to the 313C at the same time, then you need the MPI cable from the TP177B to have a Profibus connector with a "piggyback" PG socket. You can then attach your PC to the piggyback PG socket.