Ethernet connection with computer

hoejinkim

:site:Hi I am struggling to connect PLC to computer through the Ethernet.
I have H2-ECOM 100 ethernet port and Direct logic 205.
Would you advice for this? what kind of parts or machine do I need or how to connect by using specific way?

I followed that way but computer didn't detect Ethernet address when the cable is connected b/t computer and PLC. Do I need machine b/t com. and PLC or specific cable

If you are directly connected you need a crossover cable, but if going to a switch then any ethernet cable will work.

Make sure your ethernet address for the PC is in the same subnet and IP range and that IPX protocol is active.

Then you should be able to go to NetEdit in your directsoft software and see the ECOM card. You can then assign a unique module ID and IP address.

In general if the ECOM is going to be assigned an address by DHCP or is static and is say 192.168.1.xxx. You want the PC IP to be in the same range i.e. 192.168.1.yyy.