rs 5000 tags

Greetings,
New to 5000, quick question. When I expand a tag I get Len and Data, data I take is the tag it self, but what is Len?

Your going to have to give us some more information. I infer from your description, you are talking about a String Tag. Is that correct? How about a screen shot.

Stu....

Your right it is a string which I assume is the lenght of string. And data is the actual aski info. and I found it has drop down box to enter part numbers into it. and it is a 2d
array. thanks 5000 is new to me and will be fun

Similar Topics

Hi, This morning I attempted to add a good bit of communication between a few of our PLCs. For the most part, everything worked fine, except for...
Replies
Views
Hi All, It's a long shot, but is there a way that a routine or AOI is written to scan all routines (routine names can be fed as inputs? if...
Replies
Views
I am currently working on a project which requires me to move two (seemingly identical) PLCs into one, however both PLCs have all tags being the...
Replies
Views
I know tags can be im/exported from/to an L5K. Wondering if IO tags (Local:1:I) can be overwritten in the same way. For example, if I have an L5K...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am modifying a program for a 1756-L61 controller using Logix version 20.01. I am trying to add or change datalinks for several of...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom