Available Bit Memory Siemens S7-400

Galaniz

I am looking for the manual that shows the bit memory avaialbe in different s7-400 processors. For example what is the highest bit address i can use? Can i use MW1000? What about MW 5000?

There should be a manual that easily answers this i just cannot seem to find it.

Thanks,
Gabriel

Why would you want to use an address that high.

I would barely use memory flags, with mainly FB's and IDB's most memory used would be in data blocks.

PLC, Thanks for the information.

Peter,

This reason is confuscated.

1. We are using the new Siemens 22 inch comfort panels for HMIs. TIA portal supports this model, but WinCC Flex does not. Since WinCC Flex is being "phased out", support for the comfort panel will not be added"

2. We are using two high availability S7-400H for the processors. Unfortunately the bright minds at Siemens have not added the capability to setup redundant processors in TIA portal. So for this I am having to use Step 7.

3. So TIA portal HMI software doesn't automatically integrate with Step 7. Thus all tags must be manually typed in/imported. In a effort to simplify a tag naming convention for this situation all HMI tags will be moved to bit memory under a specifc scheme where the numbder in the hundreds place indicates a specific type of IO or location. When you can easily click on a tag it makes it easier not to make a mistake. In this situation is would seem using Mxxx.x makes it easier to keep track of things.

We have many valves close to 200 maybe and each valve requires several variables. I am now thinking of making a UDT with all variables required for one valve and duplicating it for each valve. Its a pain that the two programs dont work together.