cmore micro hmi

Jacob H

has anyone used a cmore micro hmi with a compact logix plc. I see that there is a cable that connects the two but compact logix uses description based tags and cmore micro uses address based tags.why would there be a cable available if they are not compatiable.

Well, a lot of the communication options on the A-B products are shared across multiple platforms. It could be that the cable you found works with a smaller platform like the MicroLogix and just happens to be similar to the comms options for the CompactLogix.

Sorry I couldn't be helpful with your actual issue, but that at least offers a plausible answer to your question about why.

You would need to use the feature "Map PLC/SLC Messages" in the PLC which creates a SLC-like file number and addresses for the panel to communicate with. See helpfile topic CMM310 for details.