1747-L542B vs 1747-L552B/C

bwhite

Lifetime Supporting Member
1747-L542B vs 1747-L552B/C

Besides the fact that SLC 5/05 uses Ethernet instead of DH+, are there any major differences between the 2 processors?

I'm about to revive a mothballed small factory that has a 5/04 in it and want to use a 5/05 for the Ethernet capability for obvious reasons. My thoughts are that there is no problem swapping the processors but wanted to check with you guys first.

Ben

The 5/05 processor features additional functions, but it should still support everything that exists in the old program. As jstolaruk already mentioned, you might need to modify any messaging that existed in the old program, since the 5/05 does not have a DH+ comm port.

Also, just a reminder that if there were any panelviews talking to the 5/04s, it is likely that they will be unable to talk to the the 5/05s unless they also have Ethernet available.

Thank you for the replies. No, there's no DH+ going anywhere else. It used to run to a SCADA node via an S&S card but we're replacing all that with new,,, thank goodness.