Omrom Routing table help

Elohssa

Howdy all:
First post here but ya'll been a great resoure fro me in the past...

I am using Indusoft for the HMI and Omron CP2M-CPU33 for my IO
I need to connect to 5 PLC's which are are all on the same network as the HMI's.
The PLCs do not have any shared IO. basically 5 independant plc's talking to the same HMI project.

My question is ...
Do i even need a routing table or can my driver sheets just
be directed to the appropriate PLC ??

All i am looking at is discrete IO. no analog.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Unless you need to span multiple networks (ie use a PLC as a gateway between network X and network Y), a FINS Routing Table is not needed.
Can you provide more details about the driver that you are using within InduSoft Web Studio (ie 'FINS Gateway', 'OMETH', etc).
Lots of experience in this forum with both InduSoft and Omron.

Im running Indusoft 7.0
with the OMETH driver sheet
actually creating 1 driver sheet per PLC ( 5 total )
All the PLC's are on the same network
addresses are
ect....

our HMI's are on the same network as the PLC's with addressing of
ect....

I was pretty sure that the routing table was not needed but
I seem to be setting the station field wrong
Here is what I entered for sheet 1
176.22.1.1:9600:0:1

All the PLCs have only 1 ETN card set at unit 0
and the node is the last octect of the IP Address

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

In your driver setup, I assume you have '172',not '176' as you show in your post.
The Station field format appears to be correct. IP Address:port:Net:Node.

What PLC?
What Ethernet card?
How is it configured, specifically the FINS to IP Conversion. Is it Auto:Dynamic, Auto:Static, etc?

What is the IP Address of the PC with IWS?

How is the rest of the Driver Worksheet configured? Below is a working sample of the OMETH driver.

Can you post an image of the Driver Worksheet that you are using?

OMETH.jpg

I am having a problem setting this up as well. Did you ever get it resolved? I am connecting a PC with Indusoft to several CJ2 PLCs w/ built-in ethernet/ip port (CJ2B-EIP21). Some of the PLCs are communicating right away, but I have 2 that have the same setting as the others and do not work for some reason!

All of the communication is done through the OMETH main driver sheet. The PC IP is 10.73.114.254 and the PLC IP is 10.73.114.153 (both have 255.255.255.0 subnet).

In the driver, I have the station set as 10.73.114.153:9600:0:153

In the I/O table settings for the ethernet board, under FINS/UDP I have these settings:
FINS/UDP Port: Default (9600)
Conversion: Auto (dynamic)
Destination IP address: Destination is changed dynamically

These were the only things I had to set for the others, but this one is not working. Is there some other setup I am missing?