Any suggestion of servo motor?

Tofo

Dear all,

I need a 100-200W servo motor. I need to put the motor and all control components in a volume about 1 cubic foot, I also need to put a small PLC with HMI into that 1 cubic foot volume. To my knowledge each servo motor has a controller, the controller takes quite a lot of space in my case. I hope that my knowledge is not right. Does any servo motor with build in controller?

Thanks

I use a lot of Animatics SmartMotors. They fit into your power range and integrate the controller, encoder, and motor into a single package.

SmartMotors have a powerful onboard control language, but I don't consider them a "PLC" in the traditional sense.

Red Lion HMIs have a SmartMotor driver !

What exactly do you need this servo to do ? What sort of power inputs can you have ?

Beckhoff has an IO terminal that has the servo drive integrated. They had done the same with a stepper motor drive. I have never used the servo terminal, but used many of the stepper terminals. They save a lot of space and wiring time.

SEW Eurodrive has it's own PLC which plugs into the Inverter. So the PLC does not occupy any space. MoviPLC comes with 8 select-able IO's and the inverter has 8 in and 5 out. You can add more on Can Bus.
You can use their DOP HMI along with the Inverter. They have tiny servo motors as well.