AB Armorstart 284E and DeviceLogix

I haven't used this specific device, but I know the DeviceLogix editor is embedded in RSNetworx for DeviceNet.

I know, the ArmorStart is on Ethernet, but it's all CIP networking. RSNetworx for DeviceNet was the traditional container and launcher for DeviceLogix because the technology started inside DeviceNet products like the E3 overload.

There's a DeviceLogix User Manual:

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/ra-um003_-en-p.pdf

That book suggests that DriveTools might also be involved, but I'm not familiar with that.

You can ignore the parts of the manual that refer to creating a scanlist entry and creating I/O tags; all that is done with an I/O profile now.

But launching the DeviceLogix editor is still done (I think) from RSNetworx for DeviceNet.

RSNetworx for DeviceNet is just the container for the RSEDS and DeviceLogix applets. You aren't using the Scanlist Configuration tool or other DeviceNet product specific applets. You are just launching the DeviceLogix editor.

I'm just going off what I know about the DeviceLogix editor: I know it's launched from RSNetworx for DeviceNet. I have not used the ArmorStart with EtherNet/IP.

I recently had to calibrate some POINT I/O modules using a 1734-AENT Ethernet adapter. Because the POINT backplane is functionally a tiny DeviceNet, I was able to browse to the 1734-AENT and open up the backplane, then right-click on a POINT module and run the RS-EDS parameter editor.

You might be able to do the same with the ArmorStart: browse to it and it might appear as a single DeviceNet node. I can't say.

There might be a completely different way to launch the DeviceLogix editor; maybe RA has made it launchable using the Add-On Profile for the ArmorStart.

This might be worth a call to RA Tech Support, or at least the distributor who handles RA products for you. Somebody's got to know the basics of that (relatively) new product.

Yeah..it was in the AOP version.......1.04...
I installed it and it automatically updated the PLC program so that all the drives now have the DeviceLogix Tab.....this surprised me, I though I would have to remove each drive and re-install to get the new AOP....

Even so, the version nymbver that is displayed is still 1.9.....

So I am not sure what the 1.9 is referring to....

Thanks for you help...

Tim