Ab slc100

dietejrwso

I'm using this with an expansion chassis to control my home brewery. I can't find any reference in the AB manuals to a real time clock. I would like to setup scheduled events based on the Y-M-D and time. Is this available in the data table or will I have to build a clock with timers?

I could be wrong but I don't think there is a real time clock for the slc100's ken would probably know better than me on this. If it isn't available, you could use timers to do your timing, might need tweeking every week or so.

You are correct, the SLC100 and 150 do not have a real time clock.

Consider using a micrologix 1100 which is not terribly expensive and the software is free. Plus you gain two analog inputs.

thanks for the replies.. I'll look into the Micrologix. In the short term it looks like it will be a timer driving some counters.

I'm using this with an expansion chassis to control my home brewery. I can't find any reference in the AB manuals to a real time clock. I would like to setup scheduled events based on the Y-M-D and time. Is this available in the data table or will I have to build a clock with timers?

If you already own an SLC-100 and plan on having a computer hooked up to it I recommend looking at this:

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/td/1745-td217_-en-p.pdf

For a home brewery you could look the Arduino route to save some $$$'s

Good Luck,

(8{)} :) .)

Well I dug the SLC and 2 expansion chassis out of the trash pile at work so it'll be hard to beat that price. Another question regarding the SLC-100, do they employ compare statements; >, < =, etc.

No.

Sorry, the SLC100 and 150 is a bottom dweller.

Search the forum and you'll find links to the manuals. Use the search link on the blue bar above the google search.

No.

Sorry, the SLC100 and 150 is a bottom dweller.

Search the forum and you'll find links to the manuals. Use the search link on the blue bar above the google search.

you are going to need a pc with no more than XP on it to communicate to them, and the cables and software.

You wouldn't spend much more for a micro810 starter kit, it might do what you want for $190 and the programing software is free

here is a US link to it

http://www.plccenter.com/en-US/Buy/ALLEN BRADLEY/2080START810

Hi

You could use an external time clock like one for a heating system and just wire it to a input

Donnchadh

you are going to need a pc with no more than XP on it to communicate to them, and the cables and software.

Windows 7 works great, the cable is 40.00 for a USB version and the software is free

I would also stay away from the 800 series and go with the 1000 or 1100 if I was going to change to another CPU, software is also free