Voltage Transducer

bluenoser337

I'm looking for a transducer that will take a 600v 3-phase AC input and convert the average phase-to-phase voltage to a 4-20mA or 0-10v output for connection to a PLC. Anyone know of such a beast that isn't in the thousands of $$ ? Thanks!! RB

convert the average phase-to-phase voltage

I doubt you will find a transducer to average the three phases and give you an analog output. I think you would have to monitor each phase and do the averaging within the PLC.

I'm looking for a transducer that will take a 600v 3-phase AC input and convert the average phase-to-phase voltage to a 4-20mA or 0-10v output for connection to a PLC. Anyone know of such a beast that isn't in the thousands of $$ ? Thanks!! RB

If the voltage you are reading is "across the line", or, directly off the power company grid, anything will work.

IF, OTOH, this is the output of a Variable Drive of some sort, keep in mind that the high frequency components of that signal can cause false readings on traditional transducers (in my opinion)