VersaMax Micro online question

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good day all, I have a GE VersaMax Micro and I am able to go online with the processor but have a question about viewing the ladder online. I am able to force my discrete inputs but what I am troubleshooting requires me to force or trigger a %M (internal memory)bit. I do not know how to do it. Also, whilst online I was hoping that the rungs and instructions would give some sort of an indication that there is "power flow" across the rails, much like RSLogix software that the rung will change colors to indicate a change in logic. Is this an option while online with the versamax? Thank you

Proficy Machine Edition will indicate color changes with changes of state by default. This is an option and can be controlled as to what colors are used, could someone have made some changes?

When online with logic equal the F11 (Toggle) and F12 (Force) keys can be used to toggle or over-ride logic.

In addition to what Russ said, you must be online with the CPU and in the "Logic Equal" state before you see the color changes.

If, when you go online, the program in the PLC does not match the project file, you will need to either read the program from the PLC into the Machine Edition file or write from Machine Edition to the PLC to get to the "Logic Equal" state. The indication of "Logic Equal" is on the bottom of the Machine Edition screen toward the right hand side.

In addition to what Russ said, you must be online with the CPU and in the "Logic Equal" state before you see the color changes.

If, when you go online, the program in the PLC does not match the project file, you will need to either read the program from the PLC into the Machine Edition file or write from Machine Edition to the PLC to get to the "Logic Equal" state. The indication of "Logic Equal" is on the bottom of the Machine Edition screen toward the right hand side.

I have downloaded my project into the PLC and the logic is still not equal. I do see how the instructions will show their change of state. I have a scrubber pump motor that continually turns itself off in the middle of a cleaning cycle and I am unable to pinpoint why.

If you used Machine Edition for the new project and the file you pulled from the PLC was created with VersaPro, you will have to send the Machine Edition file to the PLC to get logic equality.

You're talking about downloading it to the processor, yes? I have done that and it still comes up as logic not equal.

I am talking about uploading and downloading, but so many people have commented that the PLC community have those terms "backwards" that I'm trying to stop using them.

What does the feedback zone in Machine Edition have to say when you send a program to the PLC? You may need to scroll back up through the wall of text to find anything that sheds any light on your problem.

Try the "Verify" operation in the online commands and see which program blocks show up as not equal. Also check the firmware level in the PLC. It's possible there is an issue between the version of Machine Edition you're running and the firmware in the PLC.

I am talking about uploading and downloading, but so many people have commented that the PLC community have those terms "backwards" that I'm trying to stop using them.

What does the feedback zone in Machine Edition have to say when you send a program to the PLC? You may need to scroll back up through the wall of text to find anything that sheds any light on your problem.

Try the "Verify" operation in the online commands and see which program blocks show up as not equal. Also check the firmware level in the PLC. It's possible there is an issue between the version of Machine Edition you're running and the firmware in the PLC.

Ok Steve, that did it. Sorry I took so long to reply. I just saved my ladder as something else, loaded it into the processor and now it is ok. Thank you.