SafetyBridge from Phoenix

Charbel

Dear,

I was looking a the safeBridge Network from Phoenix. what I am afraid of is that if normal PLC and safety PLC are used on the same network, what happen if any short happens in the normal PLC will it not affect the "safety" network?

Thank you for your advice, and appreciate any thoughts concerning this.

Dear jstolaruk,

yes you are right, that It is why I was wondering to what extent this type of network is safe....? and can be used for safe networks.

thanks!

charbel

yes I mean communication network

devices are normal PLC (RFC 460R) from phoenix, safety remote I/O's and safety PLC's... all of them are connected on the same network - SafetyBridge network where Phoenix are claiming that it is ok to combine normal and safety PLC's on the same network.

ok, what about if a short occurred on the normal PLC, will it not affect the network? this was what I was wondering...
and is SafetyBridge approved to be used as safety network by international safety standards?

If the normal PLC has a short or fault that is the communication network fails then the Safety PLC will fail safe. Is this what you are asking.

If the network is impaired for any reason, the safety devices and their respective outputs will change to a faulted state - regardless of the network. I can't answer for Safetybridge specifically but I believe you'll find it true also.

Depends on environment and the amount of I/O traffic and updates times you are looking for on the normal I/O. The safety task scan has the highest priority and will jump in when required, grab the network to do its job, and release it. If you're monitoring I/O that has to have updates exactly at specific times, there is a good chance it won't happen 100% of the time.

thanks a lot!
Actually the application is for fuel hydrant network in an airport where fuel sensors and EFSO are monitored and when an EFSO is activated, motorized valves are commanded to stop.