Starter 4.3.1 on Vmware

hein123

I want to connect to a cu240e-2pn using starter but am struggling with the connection via vmware. I have tried to connect via TCP-IP as well as USB.

I currently only have starter version 4.3.1 installed on vmware as well as PST 4.1. With PST I can see the drive but still can’t connect. I have read somewhere on this forum that Starter and vmware is not compatible due to coms issues, is this correct?

Else can anybody share what siemens drive software they use successfully with vmware or any suggestions how to connect on my current setup.

Thanks

I want to connect to a cu240e-2pn using starter but am struggling with the connection via vmware. I have tried to connect via TCP-IP as well as USB.

I currently only have starter version 4.3.1 installed on vmware as well as PST 4.1. With PST I can see the drive but still can’t connect. I have read somewhere on this forum that Starter and vmware is not compatible due to coms issues, is this correct?

Else can anybody share what siemens drive software they use successfully with vmware or any suggestions how to connect on my current setup.

Thanks

I'm using VMware for Simotion and it works well.
If your comms seem to be an issue, just make sure in VMware you use the "Host network adapter" as "bridged" adapter.
VMware will use the physical network adapter to establish communications with the hardware.
If you use the VMnet (VMnet0, VMnet8, etc) adapters you may experience the issues as you described.
One more thing that I have noticed: Disable your wireless adapter as it will be chosen as the default adapter whenever available.
I haven't been able to connect with the hardware whenever the wireless adapter is active.
Don't forget to set the PG interface to the correct adapter as well.
Other than that you should be able to connect to the CU without any issues.

What is the result of Ping from VM guest to CU240E-2PN ?

I can ping it successfully and I even set up the IP address using PST.

I am going to test it again with another laptop tomorrow which has everything standard installed, which is working. I would then try again with my laptop and see what happens.

Get it working??

I got it working yesterday. I upgraded to the latest Starter version, which I should have done in the first place.

But I found that when using the USB connections it just connects for about a minute and the drive goes offline.
The TCP/IP connections works.

Has anybody have the same problem with the USB? Is the full simotion package working with USB using vmware?
I am just asking as I may have to connect to other drives which only has the USB connection and then I would rather get the full package.