Modbus TCP to Ethernet IP via a PC

11sas11

I am looking for an application that converts Modbus TCP to Ethernet IP on a PC. Basically I have one device hooked up to a PC speaking Modbus TCP, and I have an Ethernet IP network hanging off a different port on the same PC. It seems silly to buy and configure additional hardware to do the protocol change, surely the PC has enough power to translate this message. Is there an application that can do this?

What features do you want to implement on EtherNet/IP; do you want a tag server, or an I/O server, or a PCCC server ? Or something else ?

I agree that this is very typically done with hardware. The Digi One IAP, the Red Lion Data Station Plus, and the HMS Communicator are the first few that come to mind.

Similar Topics

Does anyone have any recommendations for Electronic Circuit Breakers with 0V Terminals built-in and Fieldbus (IO-LINK, MODBUS TCP, EtherNet/IP?)...
Replies
Views
Hello, Sorry, my knowledge of communication protocol is limited, so thank you in advance for your answer. My question; I want to get 5 values...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Trying to help a client who has a project that was started with Schneider STB remote I/O, but they are still waiting on the STBNIP2212...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I was wondering if you clever people could help me, please. In the past I have used a standalone L33ER CompactLogix PLC with the...
Replies
Views
Hi all IÂ’m working on a problem in which I have to read sensor data from a data acquisition module in the field that only communicates using...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom