New ML1200

Jezz

Hi All, I'm having an issue with a brand new Allen Bradley ML1200 I can't get connected to it ,I'm using a direct conection via an RS232 port (set up for DF1) I've checked the DF1 conection on a ML1100 I had spare and it's fine any ideas?

The settings I'm using are :

Baud rate 19200
Station number 00
Parity None
Error Checking CRC
Stop Bits 1
Protocol Ful Duplex

Its possible the port on your ML1200 is not configured for DF1 protocol, it could be DH485 or ASCII.
You can default the comm port to DF1 see PDF below for how to do this.

What happens when you click autoconfigure in RSLinx?

Last edited:
I've tried to default the com port but I can't get the DCOM LED to come on , if I do an auto-configure I just get Failed to find the baud and parity! Check all cables and switch settings!I know the cable is fine so it must be the com settings on the ML1200 but its a brand new one so I don't get why the coms would be difrent from default and why I can't get the DCOM LED to light