Compactlogix IP address

Abdul03

Dear Friends,

I know this question might sound very simple.

Can anyone out there help me in setting up the IP address of a compactlogix PLC. I know, one of the option is to do it by BOOTP DHCP service. However, this option is not enabled in the processor.

Can you guys tell me what are the other possible ways to change the IP address, if we dont know the IP and the BOOTP DHCP is not enabled. Or alternatively, what are the possible ways to identify the controllers IP address.

Thank you

Connect to the controller via the serial port.(RsLinx, use a DF1 driver). This assumes the serial port is configured for DF1(default). If that has been reconfigured as well, then you'll want to evaluate if you can reset it to default or not(IE, do you have the source code to know what this is trying to do).

You can then browse to the controller and change its IP, or go online using RS5000 and do it that way.

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I beleive, I can. However, I do not have access to serial cable or any other communication cable at the moment except ethernet and I am trying to find the IP address of the processor.

It's compactlogix L32e.

I am trying to locate the IPaddress of all the devices connected to my computer using a piece of software IPScanner. It shows IP address of all other PC's, but not the PLC.

Is there any other software or method to achieve this ?

Thank you,

Wireshark could show you the communications going back and forth. There are other threads on the forum describing how in detail.