Problem on RSEmulate5

Deer

Hi,

I have a problem with my RSLogixEmulate5.The problem is everytime I start the Emulate5, then the message "WE532.EXE has generated errors and will be closed by windows, you will need to restart the program" will appear.And I have already restart the program and my computer for many times.
Right now I am use the RSLogix5 Vesion 5.00.01, RSEmulate Version 5.00.02, RSLinx Version 2.30.01.
My laptop use W2000 Professional with SP1.
Does anybody has experience with this problem ?
Please advise.
Many thanks. :D

Well, for one thing, there are updated versions of everyhing you just mentioned.

I remember RSLogix V5.00.01 being a little flakey but that wouldn't be anything to do with the emulate error (WE532.exe is the emulator).

Windows 2000 is now at Service Pack 3. I would definitely get that if I were you. However, that should not be related to this problem.

I would download the newest version of RSEmulate5 first, then RSLinx if that doesn't fix the problem.

OG

Just last week I was having a similar experience with Emulate 500.

Haven't bothered to track it down fully yet, but Emulate500 would work fine by itself. It was when Wonderware's WWRSLinx I/O server would run, that it would crash. Didn't matter the order, if I had WWRSLinx, I couldn't have RSEmulate (which kind of defeated the purpose, since I don't have a SLC handy, and just set up Emulate so that I could see what was going on in the Wonderware app.

What else are you running besides RSEmulate5?

Does the error occur when you do a boot and run it first (and only, with no services (except perhaps RSLinx)?

I am running a similar setup this very minute:

RSLogix 5 Professional 5.00.01
RSEmulate 5 5.00.02.01
RSLinx 2.30.02
Windows 2000 Service Pack 2

I've never had trouble with RSEmulate 5 or 500 crashing in that manner.

But I'll take a WAG at why it does. When the Emulator starts up, it's running the last program you loaded into it. If there's something wrong with that program, I would expect the Emulator to object or clear itself, but it's possible it crashes.

If you simply delete the file it was running previously, RSEmulate starts up with a message saying that file was not found, and just runs waiting to be downloaded to again.

You can reset the program settings of RSLogix 5 by holding down CONTROL and SHIFT while you start it (and holding them until it's fully started). I don't know about a similar reset for RSEmulate 5 but it's worth a shot to rename the program that RSEmulate was last running so it can't find it, and maybe reset the settings on RSLogix 5.

Hi,

Where can I download the latest version of RsEmulate (v.5 ?)
I think I have an older version (v.4 or so)

Thankx in advance,

Monty :cool:

RS Software updates

Thanks Kim for the link.

But it won't be any useful to me, I've got RSemulate v.3.0, but I don't have a support contract with Rockwell and the serial number on the disk does not work on the site, so downloading a newer version is impossible for me :(

cu

Monty :cool: