Highpass Filter ~ Deadband 4-20ma Signal

kingnutin

I have several 4-20mA inputs coming from all over the plant into a RA ControlLogix system. Many of these are going into totalizers, being displayed, etc.

What is the best way using RSLogix 5000 (v19) to filter the low mA signals. For example if I have a 0 to 2000 bpd flow meter, a slight 4mA noise will read 1 to 2 bpd. I want to filter that such that it only displays or totalizes when say the flow is over 10 bpd.

What is your best suggestion. I have some logic in place to do this already, but it is crude and I figure the wizards around here might have a great idea.

Thanks!

Low flow cut-off.

If flow less then 10 move 0 to register used for totalizer.
If flow is equal to or greater then 10 move actual value to register used for totalizer.