Fanuc Safety Module - Ethernet Network

joevue

:confused: Working on a single Fanuc robot cell. Could not get communication with the safety module in the robot controller. When I bring up the property box in the I/O configuration tree and view the "Connection" tap, I get the following fault:

(Code 16#080d) Safety network number not set, device out-of-box

Has anyone had this issue before and how do you resolve the issue. Any help
will be greatly appreciated.

Joe

First, what devices are you working with? Without part numbers, its impossible to really answer.

Even so, I suspect you can't do what you want without a Safety Controller that "owns" the safety module somewhere in the picture, too. It's not likely the robot controller can do this itself.

I'm working with 1756-L72S plc. Can't take ownership because there is no signature from Fanuc robot. This is thru Ethernet, I assume it would be similar to devicenet.