G308 to fp-x via rs232

ROAMER_AUS

Hi all!

This is my first post after reading so many.

I have a redlion g308 connected to 2 panasonic fp-x plcs. One is via rs 485 which works fine. And one via rs232 which is giving me problems.

Rs232 is connected to the tool port of the plc as there is no room for comms module.
Now i dont get any comms with standard tx rx and ground connected. But if i disconnect the ground pin comms start working partially. Does anyone have explanation for this? I never saw this before. Red and green light on port connection on g308 are either constantly on or flashing really fast. Cant really see.

I cant obtain any values from the plc. Some numbers pop up on the hmi but they don't match whazs in the plc. I checked all data formatting and its all good.

protocol that im using is mewtocol master / slave on the plc that is working. But for tool port only mewtocol slave is an option.

Thanks!

I assume you've double, triple checked your wiring. Homemade cable or purchased?

What driver are you using in Crimson? I've connected a G3 to the FPX tool port successfully and I used the Matsushita FP Series driver. They also have some drivers under Panasonic/Matsushita, I'm not sure what the difference is.

I assume you've double, triple checked your wiring. Homemade cable or purchased?

What driver are you using in Crimson? I've connected a G3 to the FPX tool port successfully and I used the Matsushita FP Series driver. They also have some drivers under Panasonic/Matsushita, I'm not sure what the difference is.

Thanx for the reply!!!

Got it fixed!! In was combination of bad cable (home made) and tool port reversing to 115200 speed for some reason as the PLC was filled with lot of things from old program. Wiped it clean and started from zero. All good now.

Thanx for the help again!!