Kepware - Can't browse Tags in Studio?

xC0MMAND0x

FTView SE 7.0

Running Kepware as OPC server.

Kepware sees PLCs and can hit tags. FactoryTalk Live Data Test Client also can browse and see the Kepware Tags.

In studio, trying to add a numeric display and BROWSE for kepware Tags - none are listed.

The OPC Server is setup with a secondary, and from within Studio/admin console we can innitiate a manual switchover.

Rockwell support has been useless saying, "reinstall/check IE settings /blah blah" all of the usual stuff. They connected in to the system and "worked" on it for 30 minutes and said it needs to be reinstalled (which we've done numerous times).

Any ideas???

2 hours with Kepware - their software was working fine. It was Rockwell's FactoryTalk that wasn't working.

4 hours with Rockwell - no resolution and a "sorry there is nobody else here to help until the morning".

4 hours later call in and get routed to Australia tech support for Rockwell.

1 hour later - issues resolved.

1) Shutoff IE ESC on the HMI servers, recommended for server systems. Probably not the problem though.
2) Added reverse lookup on FTD and HMI servers, in host files. They need to be deleted and the reverse lookup table should be created on the DNS servers per his recommendation.
3) Big thing, Uninstalled Symantec on the HMI server and disabled the windows firewall.

Note - I Symantec takes over Windows firewall. I had disabled Symantec AV software on the kepware servers. But, this DOESN'T disable the Syamantec Firewall.

After the fact I added TCP exceptions on port 135 bidirectional throughout the firewall, and also added C:\windows\syswow64\opcenum.exe to list of application exceptions.

Adding this and reinstalling symantec and everything is good to go.

I hope that this helps somebody else with issues.

Jumping On This Thread

Ok guys, i have the same issue....

Currently running a factory talk network distributed SE system, using 3 servers (Directory, Active Server, Standby Server).

We are upgrading to v8 and for now on the new setup i am only using 2 servers, we have formatted an unused server to be the new directory, a new server where we have installed the Rockwell software & Kepware for the Active server.

My problem is that Kepware has connected to the devices with no problem, i have ran opc explorers/live data clients and can see this data BUT i cannot browse for these tags in FactoryTalk Studio?!

I have tried ALOT of things mentioned on the web, apart from the post above where it mentions
Added reverse lookup on FTD and HMI servers, in host files. They need to be deleted and the reverse lookup table should be created on the DNS servers per his recommendation.
as i wasnt sure what this meant.

I have deleted the opc server & re-added, but to no success. I did add the OPC server from the existing system to the project & this did allow me to browse for the opc data. Has anyone got any ideas?

Cheers,
Ash