PLC problem solving methods

KnowPuzzles1

Hi to all reading this,
My questions are....
1) does any1 follow the PLC approach as seen by the Ron Beaufort YouTube videos
2) where can I obtain more PLC exercises like this? Please tell.

Anyone with half a brain and the knowledge of AB PLCs uses Ron's methods. The way he explains it and shows how the processor looks at your logic is very useful in being able to troubleshoot a process that is not working correctly. This basic understanding also provides a good foundation for programing as well.

This forum does have many examples of programs at a simple level that will help you understand how the structures should look.

If you work for a company that will send you to training, or can afford to pay for it your self, Ron's class will get you some of the best training on PLCs around. But it would be best not wait too long, as there are rumblings that he may be retiring, or at least partially retiring in the not so distant future.

"Is Ron God? No, But he did teach God about PLCs!"

Mark,

I am 55 and have never seen the material in question.
I have been programming since 1986 - Omron, ge, idec, ti, ab, mitsibushi, minerak. been to several schools and worked with others to get to where I am now.
we each will develop our own style of programming for better or worse. if we are wise, we learn from others and take suggestions to become better.

God gave Ron his ability to understand plc's and do what he does.

regards,
james

James,

The last part was a bit tongue in cheek, but as far as AB PLCs he can tell you how they work better than most. I was in one of his classes and he had two guys who were house builders. They had never seen a PLC before or worked in a manufacturing plant, but Ron was able to teach them enough that they could troubleshoot (not program) with a PLc better than some electricians I know with 15 years experience.

I agree each programmer will develop his/her own style, but I was referring to a basic understanding of how a PLC works.

I find that each PLC has its quirks. But none are insurmountable.
Personally I have programmed Siemens Plcs but not had the oportunity to use or learn STL

@ 56 I may never use it. But I will look at it one day.

Searching For Examples

Thanks Mark.
I'll look for some for examples in this forum. I hope now I am a full brainer to rely on Ron's Method. I understand the videos, now I want more.

Please give me an example to solve. I want to test my knowledge. Thank you.