FactoryTalk SE tag status

zavia

I am in need of a way to tell if a tag is a memory or device (Addressed tag)
I use mostly digital tags and can't find anything in factorytalk that allows me to determine the type of the tag.

I have tried using comm_err , on/off status, stacking boxes with visibility manipulation.

I can get on, off, in alarm, out of comms, but a memory and a off i/o device both just give me zero as the status.

Any ideas ?? :confused: ;)

Export Tag List to .CSV

Open the .CSV with Excel

Look at Column E. this will have a "M" for Memory, or "D" for Device Tag. You can also see the mapping address in column "W".

You could add filtering on columns and sort if you wanted to get a clean list.

Nope.

I was aware of the export functions , I could also have done this from the HMI tag database, But I am trying to do it within the animation coding of a device on screen.

I am trying to determine if a tag is a memory tag so that i can specifically show a device as being memory with the color animation.
This is so my customer can tell which devices should be lighting up in his panel and which would never do so as they are just memory tags.
since I show a 0 value as white and a 1 value as green if the device is giving a 0 value it looks just like the memory devices on the panel.
This is the first time i have had any one who needed to know that something was memory, every one else ever has been happy that green is good, and an alarm is bad. but this guy just has to know any and all devices that have i/o in them no matter what state they are in.