CLX 101 question

hanlonmi06

How does the clx platform handle rung executions?

By that i mean, if for example, you have a time based task in your project along with continuous tasks, does the current rung that the processor is on finish executing before leaving the continuous task and executing the time based stuff, or will the jump just occur at any place?

it is as you said: "AT ANY PLACE" ...

actually logic can be interrupted even part way through an instruction (for example: part way through an ADD instruction) ... there's an example program in the two or three posts which start at the link below ...

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=376167&postcount=61

you'll probably want to read up on "priorities" if this type of stuff is important in your projects ...

ok, wow.

the assumption then is that the processor returns to exactly where it left off.

i will read that posting, for sure, and perhaps the answer to the next question is in there, but is it possible to have logic written in such a way as to be negatively affected by that nature of leaving a rung?

i don't have a specific situation im trying to fix or understand, but i did run into a situation of loosing track of data being written both by program logic and some OPC server joyfullness from out esteemed colleagues in IS.