Changing DeviceNet Pass Through Port Configuration

mabiss

Hi all,

I have multiple Allen Bradley SLC5 PLCs on my site, with most of them having a DeviceNet card installed. Each PLC also has an Ethernet card installed.

I know I am able to configure a DeviceNet driver in RSLinx and connect through the Ethernet card to the DeviceNet card using a pass through port. This works fine and I can view the DeviceNet network configuration.

My question is: There are only four pass through ports available in RSLinx and once I configure a port to a PLC, I get the message that "the selected pass through port is already configured. You can use this route by selecting OK, but you cannot change this configuration". Even if I delete the driver this message remains, and the pass through port is configured to only one PLC. Is there a way to de-configure the pass through port so it can be tied to another PLC? I have more than four PLCs that I would like to do this with.

Steve

I know this is an old post, but I was having this problem and landed on this earlier. Just in case anyone else lands here, the problem was fixed by closing down Linx entirely (including manually killing the process in task manager for both RSLINX and RSLINXNG) and then opening it back up. I imagine a PC reboot would also fix the problem, but just killing the processes and then opening them back up is faster.

Linx came back up and all four of my ports were unconfigured and ready for new DeviceNet configurations.