Ultra 3000 Drive Faulting

msajid

Hi guys

I am using three ultra 300 drive on device net and the issue i am facing is that when one of the drive faults it stops the operation of the other one.

Just to clarify: I have drive A B C all on devicenet

If I get any error in Drive A, Drive C stops immediately without any faults.

Drive B does not fault.

Can someone explain what is happening?

Thanks for all the help

Is it possibly the way they are programmed to operate? Drive A fault stopping the run command to Drive C, but not Drive B?

Checked Program

I have double checked the PLC program the fault command from Drive A doesn't affect the operation of of drive C at all. Its very confusing at the moment as to what is happening.

Has the machine always done this, or is Drive C stopping without alarm when Drive A faults a new occurrence? Do you have a way to monitor the health of the devicenet connection?

Is the fault with Drive A a network fault, or a protective fault, or something else ?

Is there any chance that the fault condition on Drive A is disrupting the DC power that connects to discrete inputs on the drive ?

In general, Ultra 3000 drives don't talk to one another over DeviceNet. If Drive C is being commanded to stop over the network, it's the PLC program that's doing it.