MP177 Pass word

gih

Hi

My customer has a MP177 with a password set in Wincc. They forgot the pass word how can we recover the system with out using Wincc connected to the HMI. Will forgetting the pass word lock them out for good. (3 Attempts).

The machine is in another country to me and its a problem and very costly to get there. The machine is still usable it just locks out some low level stuff.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Hi

My customer has a MP177 with a password set in Wincc. They forgot the pass word how can we recover the system with out using Wincc connected to the HMI. Will forgetting the pass word lock them out for good. (3 Attempts).

The machine is in another country to me and its a problem and very costly to get there. The machine is still usable it just locks out some low level stuff.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Hello,

I work in saudi and most of our machines were came from USA and Europe. Many many times I encountered the same problem like yours. and I simply email the machine vendors and ask the password from them. They always have another usernames and passwords for that particular machine, but just in case you already used all the USERNAMEs and PASSWORDs. Then usually they will sent you the HMI program through email, and you will download it. You will not spent any amount of money in it, usaually that is free of charge as part of there after sales service.