Analog input with Omron CJ2M cpu13

CJMCK

Hello everyone,
Today i have been tasked with creating a program in cx-programmer to keep a ramp at a certain angle as a tide comes in and out by by jibbing 4 hydraulic cylinders up or down. Problem is that i was only taught digital inputs and outputs during my 3rd year of my apprenticeship because we did not have the time or equipment to delve into analog inputs and outputs leaving me without the knowledge to program analog inputs.
The ramp has a 0-5 volt angle sender which i am going to adjust to 2.5 volts when the ramp is at the right angle so i need in the programming when the signal goes greater then say 2.6 volts or less than 2.4 volts (these values will need to be verified when ramp and pontoon are installed) the plc will close a solenoid and allow the hydraulic ramps to raise or lower until the sender reads 2.5 volts, I have most of the ladder logic worked out but i have no idea how to add analog inputs, address them or read the hexadecimal values the plc is converting from the 0-5v input so if anyone could help that would be great.
plc is omron CJ2M-CPU13 and analog input is CJ1W-AD081-V1
Thanks for any help.

You have a big task in front of you to be honest! Post an pic of the I/O table and I will see if I can help. Once you understand the principles it is not that difficult. 0-5 volts is prone to voltage induction as well - I always use 4-20ma as it is far less prone to noise. Where are you in NSW?

Im up in yamba. I haven't gotten as far as an I/O table yet because the power supply was missed off the order and i was just going to import it off the plc.

The comparison functions should be fairly simple. You can use the <(310) and >(320) instructions to compare the analog input to upper and lower limit values.
example: if you are using the first input in the AD081 and it is set to module 0 then the analog input data would be in CIO address 2001. If you set that input up for 0-5v with 4000 resolution the value for 2.5 volts would be 2000. You could then compare the value in 2001 using a set of arbitrary values like < &1900 for low and > &2100 for high.

The address will depend on the setting of the rotary switch on the module. You can set the I/O table up without the PLC. If the setting of the rotary switch is 0 then the first input word will be 2001. If the rotary switch is set to 1 the first input address will be 2011 - the software will set the address at 2000 or 2020 - that is a status word and the first input is the next word. The card defaults to 0-4000 resolution. The value is binary not hex. Hope you are not getting too badly bashed with the rain.

Thanks for all your help guys i managed to work it with thanks for all your input. once again thank you very much.

Glad you got it working!!
You will probably discover that you need to slow things down a little bit to make your hydraulic controls work properly because the CJ2 is much faster than the controls
You can set up averaging in the module and also use the AVG(195) instruction to average the analog input value. You probably also need to set up dead-band zones to keep the hydraulics from over-reacting.
You might consider using D registers to store your on and off settings for both directions just to make it easier to calibrate the system, especially if you have an HMI to do it with.

Last edited: