IEC AutoCad blocks free

Autodesk makes a series of symbol library blocks that you can buy.

You can make your own set of symbols by looking them up on the internet or from books. With the amount of time you will take to do this, you're better off buying the set from Autodesk.

regards,
james

If you are using AutoCad electrical there is an IEC symbol library on your installation CD - you have to select it at install time.

This project was dropped on me with no budget. I have many revisions of Acad but not electrical.
I have made blocks and menus in the past and can crank out autolisp stuff but I don't want to spend the time.

There is a difference between a standard AutoCAD block and an AutoCAD Electrical block.

The ACAD Electrical block is more complex to create because it has to be linked to a specific part # and have special insertion points and also linked to a physical footprint so it may be shown on a panel layout.

What I call a "standard" ACAD blocks is much more simple to create and has none of the above.