VIPA CPU 114-6BJ02 program upload problem

Gmort27

Hi guys, I am trying to upload a program to my VIPA CPU 114-6BJ02 using a MMC but the MC LED does not blink to indicate the program uploading. What could be the reason? Any way to solve this issue? Thanks!

Ok thanks Nonuke! Already did the reset. My vendor sent me a .wld file, was told that I need to transfer it to MMC using Siemens Simatic manager, then upload to the CPU. Is that the right way?

Open step7
Create a new mmc file with the name:s7prog.wld
The file must have this name.
Copy all the blocks, DB's and the system data to the mmc.
Close the window of the new mmc file.
Copy this file to the mmc card.

MMC: normal mmc card formated in FAT ou FAT16.
No SD or MMC-HD. Just use a standard MMC of 32K, 128k, 512k ou 1M max.
These type of cards are not easy to find on sale anymore.:mad:

Last edited:
If you already have the .wld, just make sure it is named S7PROG.WLD, then put it on a MMC formatted as FAT16. Put the MMC in the CPU, then perform the Overall Reset procedure.

Check out page 3-30 of the 100V Manual for more details: 100V CPU Manual

Yes I have the S7PROG.WLD file, but I could not find a VIPA MMC, so using a Siemens MMC instead, possible to work? Sorry it's my first time doing this. Btw, how to make sure that I format as FAT16 instead of FAT32?

I believe the Siemens cards are formatted in a proprietary way, such that you may not be able to format them as FAT16 or when you do, it would no longer be able to be used with a Siemens PLC.

Anyway, if you would like to try, to format a MMC you would open up the Windows command prompt and type

FORMAT G: /FS:FAT

Where G is the current drive letter of the MMC card.

Caution!
If you reformat a Siemens MMC to either FAT16 or 32, It cannot be used as a Siemens mmc. in a Siemens CPU. It will be a very expensive and low capacity card!

Caution!
If you reformat a Siemens MMC to either FAT16 or 32, It cannot be used as a Siemens mmc. in a Siemens CPU. It will be a very expensive and low capacity card!

That is correct, I mentioned that in my original post after he mentioned he had a Siemens MMC.