VIPA CPU 114-6BJ02 program upload problem

I believe the Siemens cards are formatted in a proprietary way, such that you may not be able to format them

Since reformatting the mmc could result in a bit of financial pain for someone, I felt a stronger caution than "I believe" and "may not" was in order.

Silly me. :whistle:

Actually I am using the card in a VIPA CPU. But we finally found the problem after uploading the program in the MMC and inserting into CPU for uploading, the CPU's card reader is faulty! So we have to change it. Thank you very much for all your help!

Hi guys, it's me again. We managed to get a new VIPA CPU 114-6BJ02 loaded with program from our contractor (and a new VIPA MMC with backup S7PROG.wld program). Tried it out, our machine worked for a short while (though not fully functional), then the program collapsed again. What could be the cause of this? Short circuit?

We tried resetting and uploading the program again but it is not working. Our contractor's instructions on resetting are as in image here, and on uploading program: "First insert MMC card, then reset as described. Load of MMC program goes only after an overall reset with plugged card".

Last edited: