PLC-2 ICOM AI Software

rywins

We have a client with a PLC-2 that crapped out today (upgrading to 1756 in 1 month). We want to try and re-download the program to it but do not have PLC-2 software. We have an old license for ICOM AI software on a floppy disk that was purchased in the 90s...so technically we have a license. Is there any way to download an unactivated version online for free and transfer the license to a host machine (VM running XP/win98)?

The only reliable PLC-2 software link I have seen online, which would be for purchase, is the TOPDOC for PLC-2.

rywins,

AB has not supported PLC2's for years.
I would get in touch with the local distributor and explain to him what you are doing. He very may well have a system with the software on it that you can borrow.

regards,
james

We have a client with a PLC-2 that crapped out today (upgrading to 1756 in 1 month). We want to try and re-download the program to it but do not have PLC-2 software. We have an old license for ICOM AI software on a floppy disk that was purchased in the 90s...so technically we have a license. Is there any way to download an unactivated version online for free and transfer the license to a host machine (VM running XP/win98)?

The only reliable PLC-2 software link I have seen online, which would be for purchase, is the TOPDOC for PLC-2.

Why not just get online with a T-3 terminal, and spool the program listing out to a printer or over the serial link (on the T-3) to a terminal emulator program?

I did this about a year ago, and it worked just as good then, as it did in the 80's.

Regarding ICOM... know about APS?

As I type... my laptop is trying to install APS V5.11 It gets all the way to disk 2 of 3 to the file : WHOIOFI.EXE and has been going for near an hour. Just wonder if anyone else remembers any quirks with the software install. I'm using XP but I added the memory cache statements in system.ini as per a search I did. This got me past one point on disk 2 of 3 which said I ran out of memory.
Just Curious if any one knows...

I haven't even seen a T-3 in over 15 years and that one was bad. and even longer since I have seen an AB program storage Tape deck

I think he wants to reload a backup program the T-3 could not store the program you had to upload to a tape deck.

As I type... my laptop is trying to install APS V5.11 It gets all the way to disk 2 of 3 to the file : WHOIOFI.EXE and has been going for near an hour. Just wonder if anyone else remembers any quirks with the software install. I'm using XP but I added the memory cache statements in system.ini as per a search I did. This got me past one point on disk 2 of 3 which said I ran out of memory.
Just Curious if any one knows...

Are the files "config.sys, msdos.sys, io.sys, and autoexec.bat" in the c:\ root directory (folder)? You might also have to try a DOS boot disk with those files already on it. The config.sys has the following two lines "Buffers =20" and "Files =20". The msdos.sys file as well as the io.sys file are blank files.

Last edited: